Monday, June 1, 2009

Blue Plate Monday

FRUIT PIZZA

Hi y'all. Been a while. But I am now back in the swing of things. I was thinking of a recipe to share and I thought of the Fruit Pizza. It is SOOOOOOO easy to make and everyone (kids and all) will love it. It is just a really quick and easy summer recipe that is great to take to summer bbq's or just a family picnic.
Hope y'all enjoy!
All you need is:
sugar cookie dough (I usually do the Pillsbury "already made up")
cream cheese (maybe about 2 cartons)
several diffrent kinds of fruit (I use-grapes,strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and oranges)

All you need to do is spread the cookie dough on a pizza circle if you want it round (which is the way I do it) or you can use a rectangle cookie sheet. Make sure that you have a little lip of the edges to resemble pizza. Bake as instructed on the cookie carton. Make sure you watch, so that it does not burn. While it bakes I wash the fruit and cut it.
After you let it cool for about 45 minuites, spread the cream cheese all over it. Now all you need to do is place the fruit. Design it however you would like. I always start in the center and work out, but that is just me.

Check out the Original Blue Plate Monday blog (deniablydomestic.blogspot.com). She always has great things to share.

I hope y'all enjoy and as always talk at y'all later.
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment